"Jim Chandler, Sr"
"Bass, Vocals & Music of All Styles
"Over 58 Years of Experience"
Jim & his "1957
Vintage Fender Precision Bass"
La Music Hall of Fame "Sparks"- 4/13/1997 !!
La Music Hall of Fame "Esquires"- 4/16/2000 !!
La Music Hall of Fame "Billy Bell and the Dominoes"- 9/26/2004 !!
"My Gratitude and Appreciation - Forever!!
THANKS FOR A SUPER SUPER RIDE OF 53 YEARS!!
MAY 21ST, 1954 - MAY 21st, 2007
THANKS - ART SEVIN - FOR THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT AND - NOW!!!
- 1954- "The-Bel-Airs"
- 1955- "The
- 1956-1980- "The Esquires of West Bank Fame"
- 1975-1978- "Sunday @ Espania Lounge with The
- 1980- "Al
McCrossen and his Satisfiers"
- 1983-1985- "Al
Dresel and the "Fugg-Ow-ees""
- 1986-1991- "Freelanced with numerous local bands
and groups. "
- 1991-1996- "Art Ryder's Electric Jazz Band"
- 1991-1995- "Board & Secretary-N.O. Musicians'
- 1996- "Seminole
5+2-Pete Fountain & HF/WC 2nd Band"
- 1996- "Loose Change Band-Special Bookings"
- 1996- "Jesters R&B Band-Spot Jobs & Specials"
- 1997- "Roland Stone Group, Loose Change, Al McCrossen,
The Fugg-Ow-Ees", Jimmy Cotton. and many more-It's
been a great start for a Great Year.."
- 1997- #1 -- "April-1997, Louisiana Music Hall of Fame Installation with The Sparks Organization and Group-What an Honor.. We are flattered..and extremely grateful to the LMAHF "
- 1998- "Billy Bell and the Dominoes (with Art Sevin)"
- 1998- "A.J.Monistiere and the Sounds of Music"
- 1998- "Loose Change Band-Special Bookings"
- 1998- "The Original Satisfiers Band"
- 1998- "The Seminole 5+2 Band"
- 1998- "The Ray Crovatto Combo"
- 1998- "Even a little "DJ"-ing Again"
- 1999- "The Max Four with Tijonne Reyes"
- 1999- "Al McCrossen Wuartet (Reed Vaughn, Al, Jim, Al Fredo(Lido)"
- 1998-2001- "Frankie Ford Web Page Design & Maintenance;
- 2001- "Richard Smith and the St Charles StreetCar Combo"
- 2001- "Loose Change, Seminole 5+2, Al McCrossen Combo (Max Plus)" Billy Bell
and the Dominoes
- #2 -- 2000- "Esquires Hall of Fame 4/16/2000 (Planning & Rehearsals-CD Creation)""CLICK HERE-Esquires Bios Band Tribute"
- 1996-2001- "HFWC (Pete Fountain) Club Summer and Christmas Dance Coordinations"
- June 10th, 2001- "Recorded FIRST CD with Al McCrossen AllStars - "It's All For Lark" - A Tribute to Al's Late Wife & Proceeds Donated to MS Research - It's On FIRE In Europe"
- #3 -- 2004- "Billy Bell & Dominies - Hall of Fame 5/16/2004
- PERFORMED WITH:
Pete Fountain, Frankie Ford, Dr. John, Al Hirt, Charlie Miller, Allen Collay, Tijonne Reyes, Bobby Mitchell, Irma Thomas, Ernie K-Do, Jerry Byrne, Clarence "Frogman" Henry, Jessie Hill, Al Johnson, Joe Barry, Freddie Fender, Al Jackson, The Sparks, Tommy Ridgley, Huey Smith and the Clowns, Danny White and the Cavaliers, Edgar Blanchard and the Gondoliers, Richie Ladner & Roy "Big Daddy" Wagner, Roland Stone, Al Johnson, Jimmy LaRocca, Harry Connick, Sr., John Fred of the Playboys, Jimmy Elledge, Bobby Lonero, Bobby Ellis, Jimmy cotton, Al Dressel, David Cook, Tim Weller, Paul Walters, Allen Collay, Bobby Blanc, and "Especially The Band that started it all (1956 - 2000); "The Fabulous Esquires - LA Music Hall of Fame Inductees - April 16th, 2000", == And At Last With the Great - Ronnie Kole - at Trisch's Benefit Halloween Bash - for Easter Seals at the Bombay Club in October 2002 - WOW !!!!!! and many more...
2001 TO 2005 (Present):
- "On September 26th, 2004, Louisiana Music Hall of Fame Installation with The Billy Bell & the Dominoes -What an Honor.. We are flattered..and extremely grateful to the LMAHF "
I am especially thrilled and Honored, as this was the Third Time for me - Sparks 1997- Esquires 2000 - Dominoes 2004 - I am indeed Blessed !!!.
- Billy Bell and the Dominoes; Seminole 5+2 and Pete Fountain HF/WC Group; Loose Change Group, recently on Sunday Nights (JAZZ) at "The Max" - with "It'll Do" - featuring = Al McCrossen, Gary Hullette, and Reed Vaughn -- Four Local Music Legends and Weekend Warriors - Best in the Business!!. Bobby Lonero and the New Orleans Express and - Spot Jobs "" OF COURSE "" with others when possible.
- My absolute "FEDISH" - Mardi Gras, Irish, Italian, what ever, Parades 2003-2008 with the Art Ryder Electric Jazz Band (Band Vehicle -Best I have Ever Seen!!)
- Mardi Gras with Pete Fountain HF/WC Annual Parade, Downtown Irish, and of course - HF/WC Annual Summer (July and Christmas Dances with the Seminole 5+2 and Pete - "My Cup Runneth Over"
WOW !!! - This Year 2008, Mardi Gras Day riding main Hf/WC band float with my idol, Pete Fountain, in the HF/WC Annual Parade.
Once again, "My Cup Runneth Over" - What an honor to be asked to do so by Pete - "I am indeed BLESSED".
- As stated in the statement of thanks and Hanging it Up, and the pages above and main page, , I am , other than a Special or Annual Event, FINALLY OFFICIALLY RETIRED from the weekend and club music performing things. It has been fun, but age, body, and NOW a Glorius Family and Grand Children are my FEDISH.. I now totally, after Katrina's devastating impact on myself and my musical instruments and equipment, live, function, and have become a part of the community and have relocated PERMANENTLY to the Northshore, and really LOVE it.
Life, Nawlins and music have been good to me, but it is time to Move On.
Thanks and All My Love to All., Jim :-)
*** GRATITUDE ABOUNDS!! October 20th 2009, Induction into the West Bank Musicians Hall of Fame, as an "Esquire Band Member" I am BLESSED...
Click Here =>> West Bank Hall of Fame Induction
Bob Walker - The Oldies King On the Web Radio - Our Kind Of Music - Forever - Web Site and Links!!
" Music for YOUR PARTY? Call 504-473-7219 or 985-792-5675
or send an E-Mail."
You can reach me at:
"Music is in our family."
Sons Jim,Jr & Bob-"Why-Not
Web Site - "Why Not Band" - Click Here
Daughter Kim's Band - "Clearwater"
This site can be viewed with Netscape!
Best experienced with
here to start.
Web Page Design by:
Jim Chandler, Sr.
(Updated Dec 20th, 2007)
to Home Page